Five refreshingly easy recipes and hacks to make life simple and delicious – just the good stuff!
1. ORANGE GLAZED HAM
Nothing says Kiwi Christmas like ham on the bone − our delicious home-made glaze is quick, easy and delish!
What you’ll need
· 4.5kg’s NZ Ham Cooked on the Bone
· 1 cup Charlie’s Honest Squeezed Orange Juice
· 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
Instructions (men, also please read)
· Preheat oven to 165 °C
· Place ham cut side face down in a roasting pan.
· In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
· Pour half of the glaze over the ham. Cover loosely with tin foil.
· Cook for approximately 20 minutes per kg of ham, brushing twice with the remaining glaze during the cooking time. Remove tin foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Eat, sleep, repeat – Xmas sorted.
2. BEST KEPT SECRET – UP YOUR GRILL GAME!
Brush ribs with Charlie’s orange juice as they're grilling.
This keeps the meat moist and adds a sweet tang that'll have guests begging for your secret ingredient.
Kick your bacon up a notch.
Glazed in orange juice and honey, the bacon caramelizes and tastes beyond good – bacon game changer, you’re welcome!
3. FANCY UP A PACKET CAKE MIX WITH OJ
This hack is so good and delicious no one will ever suspect it’s out of a box! Use Charlie’s Honest Squeezed Orange Juice instead of water/milk in a boxed cake mix. Forget orange extract that you'll never use again. Reach for your Charlie’s OJ in the fridge and sub it cup for cup for the water or milk. Each slice will taste perfectly zesty!
4. EASY ORANGE VINAIGRETTE (AKA SALAD DRESSING).
· ¼ cup Charlie’s Honest Squeezed Orange Juice – extra pulp if you like texture.
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 2 teaspoons honey
· ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
In a small jar combine the orange juice, mustard, vinegar, honey and pepper. Cover and shake well. This little beauty can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
5. CHRISTMAS PUNCH
Another kiwi icon - an easy and delicious festive drink packed with real fruits (which we like of course!) keep it non-alcoholic or add rum or vodka for extra holiday spirit!
· Charlie’s Honest Squeezed Orange Juice - 2 cups
· Phoenix Organic Ginger beer – 1 and a half bottles/ 2 cups
· Phoenix Organic Soda water – 1 and a half bottles/ 2 cups
· Charlie’s Old Fashioned Quencher, any flavour - 1 cup
· Sliced lemons & oranges
In a large jug or punch bowl, add all the juices and sliced fruit, you can make it ahead of time but add the soda and ice just before serving. If you want go a little fancy, add some sprigs of rosemary or mint from the garden – hey presto!